Sunday, September 7, 2014

Storage Solutions for Gourd Parts

Sometimes I get frustrated with the small pieces of gourds, tools, rim materials, and the other detritus that accumulates around the gourd studio. Not all of it is waste; some can be put to really good use if I can save it in an orderly way. Enter the multi-drawer storage unit used by woodworkers for nuts and bolts. I highly encourage use of these things. One drawer is collecting stems and miniature bottleneck gourd heads for the cats I make.

Drawers hold stems and gourd parts,
rim materials, glue sticks pins, nails,
picks, and lures....all the strange bits
and pieces of a gourder's artistic life.
Rubbermaid, 10 drawers. I bought
two of these several years
ago, and forgot them!




Stems serve as tails on the backs of these miniature
bottleneck gourd cats. Finished cats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment