Friday, February 13, 2015

Wooden Heart Parody, Where to Start?

A likable Elvis Presley song is Wooden Heart. The sing-song melody makes it a natural for parody, certainly for gourd parody! Here's the original song:


...and now the gourdy version!

Can't you see
I've a gourd
that has been
sadly ignored
It could be adored
But I just don't know where to start.

If I wash
and prepare
the surface for
a little flair
I'd still be unprepared
'Cause I just don't know where to start.

There are classes to take to learn new stuff
But I always forget what to do.

Gouge some lines
Brush some paint
A crack appears, oh this just ain’t
going well, it ain’t!
‘Cause this gourd’s ‘bout to come apart.

Grab the glue,
and some wire
Don't back down
and don't get tired
This gourd will be admired
Even though I'm not sure what to do!

Draw some lines,
and repaint.
Have no pause and no restraint
An artist this I ain't
But no longer need I be blue.

There are classes to take to learn new stuff
And I think I'm learning what to do.

Thank the Lord
that my gourd
is going places
not just stored
'cause now I know just what to do!

A mighty cracklin' gourd song!
CAM

No comments:

Post a Comment